Breakfast went Spanish today. I wanted to do something simple and different for the boys since it is pretty cold this morning. As I have a can of baked beans, thought I’d do something with it. This, again, is a cheat’s way of doing this dish. It still tastes wonderful.
1 can Baked Cannellini Beans
3 spicy Chorizos (sliced thinly diagonally)
4 small eggs
1/2 Brown Onion (finely diced)
1 tablespoon Oil
1 teaspoon Vinegar
50g Feta Cheese
1/2 teaspoon Italian herbs
1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- Preheat the grill at 220ºC.
- Heat up a pan with the oil and fry the onions and the chorizo until the chorizo is crispy.
- Pour the baked beans in with the vinegar, and herbs.
- Season with salt and pepper according to taste.
- Divide the beans into 4 single portion ramekins, dig a whole in each and crack in one egg for each portion.
- Top with feta cheese and paprika.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes, or however done you want your eggs to be.
- Serve immediately with toasted breads.
I cooked this too early, afraid that the boys would be late for school. They took too long to come for breakfast and the eggs continued cooking in the hot beans until they are well done. So if you are in the same situation as me, perhaps 5 minutes on the grill is enough, and than let it sit on the bench and allow the dish to continue ‘cooking’ as it starts to cool.