Recipe modified from this recipe.
5 egg yolks
10 g castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 tsp salt
12 g canola oil
50 g plain/mango yogurt
80 g cake flour (sifted)
5 egg whites (cold)
3/4 tsp lemon juice
60 g castor sugar
Candied Cherry /Dried Mango: 40 g chopped Cherry/Mango (coated with flour)
- Line a 22cm x 31cm tray
- Preheat oven at 170C
- Mix all ingredients of yolk mixture together n set aside.
- Whisk egg whites until foamy, add lemon juice>continue to whisk, gradually add in sugar n whisk till soft peak.
- Fold meringue in 3 batches into yolk mixture.
- Tap the mixing bowl few times to remove big bubbles.
- Fold in Cherry/Mango bits.
- Pour batter into prepared tray.
- Bake at upper rack for 10 mins.
- Remove from tray n invert cake onto a clean parchment n leave on cooling rack to cool for 5 mins.
- Spread Cream Cheese on cake, roll n chill in fridge for 1 - 2 hrs before slicing.