I asked my daughter to make some piped butter cookies. She insisted on making these instead…. She said she wanted chocolate chip cookies.
So as I was making dinner, she was asking instructions on how to make these.
“Is this creaming sufficient?”
“Taste this, taste this! Too salty, mummy!”
“I want to use brown sugar, I don’t want to use that dark brown sugar!”
“When do I put in the eggs?”
So here it is. It is airy, light and honestly one of the best drop cookies I have tasted. She is a good baker, I already knew that…. and often quite irritating as she has such a strong mind of her own…. hehehe. 😉
250g Unsalted Butter
1 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Caster Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Essence/Vanilla pod
A pinch of salt
1.5 cups self-raising flour
3/4 cups plain or biscuit flour (low gluten preferred)
Any kind of nuts
Any kind of dried fruits
- Preheat oven at 180C.
- Cream the sugars and the butter until very light and fluffy.
- Emulsify eggs into the cream, one at a time.
- Add the vanilla essence and the salt.
- Fold in the flours.
- Use a teaspoon, drop 1 tsp of batter onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, 1 cm apart.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes, until light brown.