My husband and 11-year-old son are great fans of the Creme Brulee. My youngest son also loves cinnamon. So he whipped up the cream brulee and this is his recipe:
9 Egg Yolks
1 Cinnamon Stick
3 cups Milk
1/4 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Honey
Extra sugar to make the caramel crust
- Warm milk with cinnamon stick.
- Allow milk to cool for an hour, and then beat in 9 egg yolks
- Sieve the mixture in (2).
- Mix in the honey and caster sugar.
- Divide them into 8 ramekins.
- Bake them in a 150ºC oven over a bain marie for about 45 minutes or until the sides are firm.
- To serve, spread 1 teaspoon of sugar on the top. Use a blow torch to brown it.
Here’s my son making the creme brulee the first time: