Here’s my curried chicken and leek pie. I took the common chicken and leek pot pie to the next level. It is simply great!
1 Serving of Puff Pastry
1 Tbsp Butter
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp curry powser
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp chilli powder
1 Leek sliced
1 Tbsp each of diced carrots, peas, diced celery, diced potatoes
1/4 cup of stock
Salt/pepper to taste
2 chicken thighs, diced and seasone
- Add butter to a saucepan, then all the spices.
- Add leeks, a handful of any diced veggies e.g carrots, celery and peas.
- When the veggies are warm, add flour. Stir through.
- Add stock and then diced chicken thigh.
- Cook until thicken, then freeze.
- Cut the pastry to desired shape or size and wrap the chilled filings. Seal with beaten eggs.
- Egg wash and bake at 200C on a low shelf for 20 minutes.