1 recipe from Tangzhong bun
3 large potatoes, diced to 1/2 cm cubes
1 large chicken breast or thigh meat, diced to 1/2cm cubes
2 Tbsp cooking oil
1 large onion, cut into 1cm pieces
4 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
1 tsp ground coriander seeds
1 tsp ground cumin seeds
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp belachan
3 buah keras
5 large red chilies, reconstituted (soaked in hot water for 15 minutes or more)
2 small chili padi
2 tsp oil
- Make the bread dough, and while it is proofing, make the filings.
- Gind all the ingredients of the curry paste together into a a fine paste.
- In a medium heat pan, heat up the cooking oil, and then add the curry paste and fry at medium heat for 5 minutes. Do not let it burn.
- Add the potatoes and cook until soft.
- Add the chicken and stir through, until the chicken changes color.
- Season with salt and pepper and soya sauce.
- Put the filings in the freezer to cool it for easier handling.
- Weigh the dough out to 30g(small buns) or 60g(regular commercial buns) each.
- Place 1 Tbsp or 2 Tbsp of filings into each bun. Roll them into spheres.
- Bake at 200C for 13 minutes or until 2/3 of the bottom of the buns are golden brown in color.
- Remove from the oven and dust some curry powder.
- When the buns are at room temperature, it is important to store them into air tight containers.