Fish curry is something all Singaporeans grow up eating. There’s always lady’s finger (okra) and tomatoes in them. Infused with cumin and fennel seeds, they are comfort to most of us.
This version is a typical Singaporean version. Familiar and tasty.
500g Fish (cut into curry cuts)
4 Medium Tomatoes
1 cup water, mixed with 2 Tablespoons of asam and sieved
1 Tbsp Bullion
15 small okra
1 Big Onion, sliced
10 cloves, sliced
11/2 tsp Fennel seeds
11/2 tsp Cumin seeds
1/2 tsp Fenugreek
1/2 cup oil
2 Tbsp Curry Powder
- Grind the ingredients in the list above. Heat this to medium hot.
- Mix curry powder with a tablespoon of water and stir the paste into the ingredients above.
- Cut the tomatoes into quarter and add in. Add the okra.
- Add the bullion and water and bring to a boil.
- Add fish and cook until fish is ready.Dish out and serve with steamed rice.