I saw Hui Cheng posting this recipe so I thought I’d put it here for easier reference.
This recipe is so rich of egg yolk with zero – yes, zero egg white. I have recorded it here in case I feel like having something so rich and decadent one day. There will be such a day.
30 egg yolk
250g sugar ( divide into 1/2 and I used 220g only)
3 tbsp condensed milk
I tsp vanilla paste
50 g superfine flour (cake flour)
- beat butter with 1/2 (125g) sugar until fluffy
- in a separate bowl beat egg yolk ( 1 st a time )with 1/2 (125g) sugar , condensed milk until thick and fluffy
- fold in flour, rum,vanilla paste mix till well combined.
- Fold egg yolk mixture and( 1) butter mixture togather mix till well combined.
- grease and line an 8 inches square tin . Scoop 120 g of cake mixture for 1st layer level it and bake in preheated oven at 180c on upper shelf for 5-7 minutes.
- Bring out cake tin layering using 100g of cake mixture from 2nd layer till cake mixture used up .
- place a piece of parchment paper on top of baked surface. Use a metal flattener to press all around surface , expelling all air bubbles trapped. Otherwise the cake arches and surface will look pimply.
- Tips: check the first few layers to determine the exact time needed as each oven is different. Best Keep overnight before served. Happy baking!