8 egg yolks
25 ml pandan juice
40 ml coconut milk
65 sunflower oil or peanut oil or melted butter
30g corn flour, sifted
80g plain flour, sifted
5 drops of pandan essence
8 egg whites
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Mix egg yolks, oil, flour, pandan juice, essence and coconut milk together. Do not overstir.
- Beat the egg whites with sugar and cream of tartar to a medium to stiff peak (Kitchen aid 4 minutes, #6 fo 10)
- Fold in the egg whites into egg yolk mixture 1/3 at a time.
- Bake at 175C on a very low shelf for 1 hour.
- Hang it upside down on a wine bottle to cool for at least 15 minutes before removing it from pan.