Every Singaporean Chinese should have a version of this steamed chicken with mushroom. Some families add dates, and others different kinds of mushrooms. But they are all delicious and considered our comfort food.
I like mine drenched in rice wine, and infused with sesame oil.
1kg Chicken wings or thigh cut into bite size preferably bone-in and skin-on
5 medium sized mushrooms soaked in hot water for 30 minutes, stalk removed and sliced thinly
1 thumbsize Ginger, shredded
1 serving of my Oriental sauce
1 teaspoon Corn flour
- Season chicken in seasoning and set aside for about 20 minutes.
- Heat the water for the steamer until it comes to a rolling boil.
- Place chicken, skin down, on a porcelain plate, and top it with the mushroom and ginger.
- Put the plate into the steamer and steam covered for 15-20 minutes, until the juices from the chicken runs clear.
- Serve immediately with rice.