This must be one of the easiest things to cook. Just cook chicken in a good sauce. Always a hit with kids simply because it is sweet. My recipe is simple. I have been doing this for so long, and so often, I don’t really measure the quantity anymore. I sort of just eyeball everything. Do adjust according to your own taste.
1 Chicken Thigh
A pinch of salt
Crack of pepper
1 clove garlic
1 tsp minced ginger
1 tsp minced onion
1 Tbsp soya sauce
3 Tbsp mirin
1 Tbsp sugar
- Place all the ingredients except the chicken in a pot. You can use up to 3 portions of the sauce, it is up to you.
- When the sauce comes to a boil and have thickened slightly, add the chicken.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove.
- Set the chicken aside to rest, while you boil off the sauce to thicken it again.
- Slice chicken and drizzle sauce over.
- Nice with sushi rice, in rolled sushi, in any Japanese noodle or with a Japanese style salad.