I just put this together. It tastes good, and I have no clue if it has been cooked anywhere else.
Basically, I have a whole lot of frozen red curry paste. I grind the spices in big lots, and then scoop them into muffin cups and store them away in the freezer. I don’t thaw them before using because they melt quickly on the stove.
I used bee hoon today. Bee hoon is just very fine rice noodles. I don’t like to blanch my noodles before cooking, preferring to have them absorb the taste from the stock. It is super tasty, and I can eat this everyday. Simple, fast and something one never gets tired of.
3 Tbsp Thai red curry paste
1 Tbsp Oyster sauce
1 cube bullion
2 cups water
4 portions of bee hoon
Shredded vegetables: carrots, onions, cabbage, celery etc etc
Red cut cihilies
Shredded chicken breast meat
2 Tbsp cooking oil
- Heat up a big pot over medium heat with the cooking oil.
- Add the shredded vegetables, then the water and stock.
- When the water is boiling, add the bee hoon.
- When noodles are cooked, turn off the fire.
- Scoop into bowls, add the toppings. Serve.