Once in a while, I would buy some liver and we would cook the same thing again and again: in porridge, in soups, fried in onions and ginger. So today, I wanted to do a salad. Here’s a spicy Thai version. A really nice change.
2 Tbsp Stock
100g Pork Liver (sliced to 5 mm)
2 bunches Spring Onions (sliced to 5 mm)
1 bunch Coriander leaves
10 Mint leaves
3 Fried red dried chillies
3 shallots or 1 small onions, sliced
1 tsp chili flakes
2 tsp Fish sauce
2 Tbsp Kao Kua (glutinous rice, toasted and then grounded)
1 tsp Sugar
Half a lime
Mesclun salad or lettuces
- Heat a pot with the stock.
- Add the liver and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients except the mint leaves.
- Fry for another minute or until the stock is absorbed.
- Give a squeeze of lime and serve on a bed of salad.
Here’s a sweet lady showing you how to do the sweet liver Thai style.