Have not done these for a while and almost forgot that my little son loves this to bits. My friend, Irene asked me how to do a creamy scrambled eggs and I had a thought and tried to recall what I used to do.
So I’ll document it here.
Firstly, I only use the freshest free range eggs in our house. For scrambled eggs, I think it is even more crucial to do that. So choose the best you can find and the taste will be unbeatable.
50ml milk or cream
Pinch of salt
Pepper to taste
- In a cold pot, crack in the eggs and add the milk.
- Over lmedium heat, stir the eggs to roughly mix it first. Then, with a spatula (scrapper) bring up the 'cooked' parts as it curdles. Don't let the eggs stick to the bottom of the pan. The eggs will turn creamy.
- As it starts to curd, remove and return to the heat as and when you are ready to allow the eggs to cook a bit more.
- Keep doing this until about 3/4 of the eggs have scrambled.
- Add the butter and stir through.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Burn some butter to golden brown and top it. Yumm!!!!