2nd round of clearing egg whites?
Yogurt Cranberry Chiffon Cakes
So pretty right?
I have replaced 4 yolks with egg whites. Meaning 2 yolks, 2 egg whites + 240g egg whites. Texture is moist n super soft. After cutting the cake goes this way n that way, too soft to stand firm lor???
2 egg yolks
50g canola oil
30g fine castor sugar
150g plain Yogurt
120g cake flour
1/4 tsp salt
2 egg whites
160g egg whites
1/2 lemon juice/cream of tartar
60g chopped dried cranberries coated with flour
- Preheat oven at 160C
- Mix oil, sugar, Yogurt, salt n yolks till combine
- Sift flour , take out 1 tbs of flour n add into plastic bag that contains chopped cranberries. Shake bag to coat Cranberry bits with flour evenly. Pour back excess flour to the sifted flour n set aside coated Cranberry bits.
- Fold sifted flour into the yolk n Yogurt mixture. Set aside
- Fold in meringue in 3 parts into flour mixture. Tap the bowl on table to remove big air bubbles. Fold in coated Cranberry bits n pour batter into prepared moulds.
- Use a skewer to go round batters in circles to further remove air bubbles n spread Cranberry bits.
- Baked at 160C for 10 mins > cover loosely with aluminium foil n continue to bake for 45 mins at 150C>then bake 5 mins at 150C with Fan force n without aluminium foil to even top color. Done
- Invert moulds n let them cooled b4 unmould with hands?